Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- International Data Transfers
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data. Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed. Child – a natural person under 16 years of age. Owner/Application/We/us (either capitalized or not) – One River LLC
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to its purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed, what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right, you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way, your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data. Contact us here: Supervisory Authority to make this request.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
We only collect information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
When visitors contact us from the site, we collect the data shown in the contact form so we can reply to you, and also the visitor’s IP address to help spam detection.
Enrolling in memberships, courses, sessions and retreats:
This website collects information from you when you enroll in services, memberships and courses on our site. We require Personal Information to enable you to pay for that course, so that our third-party vendor can process payment. Note that our site does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on this Site, you will be directed to a third-party payment processor. If you do not wish to submit the required payment information, then you will not be able to move forward with your purchase.
Participating in courses
This site collects information from you when you participate in courses offered on the Site. For example, we collect the information that you submit as part of your participation in the course, that you include in messages to our staff (including messages to support), that you provide in user surveys, or that you provide on public forums, webinars and other interactive experiences on this Site.
The site also collects usage information about your participation in courses, on your activity and your performance in the course.
Information automatically collected about you
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with this site and your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type, and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
Usage information. This is information about our Site; We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand better and optimize the Site.
Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type) in helping us optimize the site for these devices.
Publicly Available Information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes providing you with other products and services that you have requested; and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- Enhance your customer experience;
- Fulfil an obligation under law or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent. On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest. With your consent, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and service offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- For memberships and taking online courses;
- For other purposes, we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law. We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguards for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that are registered with WordPress accounts on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All registered users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We use Google Analytics to measure traffic on our website and only keep such data for 14 months.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Our business does not sell or rent your Personal Data. Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Our processing partners:
We only work with Processing partners who can ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
- Role: Traffic optimization, Firewall, and Distribution
This type of service allows this Application to distribute their content using servers located across different countries and to optimize their performance. Which Personal Data are processed depends on the characteristics and the way these services are implemented. Their function is to filter communications between this Application and the User’s browser. Considering the widespread distribution of this system, it is difficult to determine the locations to which the contents that may contain Personal Information User are transferred.
StackPath is a traffic optimization and distribution service.
The way StackPath is integrated to site use means that it filters all the traffic through this Application, i.e., communication between this Application and the User’s browser, while also allowing analytical data from this Application to be collected.
Connected third parties:
- Google Fonts (Google Inc.)
Google Fonts is a typeface visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Application to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
- Vimeo video (Vimeo, LLC)
Vimeo is a video content visualization service provided by Vimeo, LLC that allows this site to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- YouTube video widget (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this site to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Akismet (Automattic Inc.)
Akismet is a SPAM protection service provided by Automattic Inc.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt the information you enter on our Site in order to protect its security during transmission to and from our Site. We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Our site is protected through two firewalls provided by Securri firewall service and SiteGround our web hosting service. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures require us in some cases to request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you. Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur. If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Although we take measures to maintain the safety and security of your personal information, please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot fully guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not work with children in our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, when you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
International Data Transfers.
Any disputes with us must be resolved in Hilo Hawaii under Hawaii law.
Hawaii law, excluding its conflict of law provisions, governs these terms and all other One River LLC policies. If a lawsuit does arise, both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Hilo, Hawaii
Contact us here: Supervisory Authority